Texting is the most effective way to get a quick response – 60% of text responses occur in less than 5 minutes.
Texting is key to support the functions of your full cycle reps. Your closers are always on the go, and let’s be honest whether your Customer Success teams like it or not, your customers are already texting their success managers and AMs. This function truly supports every step in the cycle, from closing to expansion.
Setting up Outreach SMS
- Click on the initials on the bottom left hand corner of the Outreach platform
- Click on the voice tab on the top of the page
- Find the section labeled “SMS default number”.
- If you have already purchased an Outreach number, you can click on the dropdown menu and select the number you’d like to use to send/receive SMS messages.
- If you have not yet purchased an Outreach number, click on the “purchase a new number” button under “Outreach Phone Numbers” section. Enter the area code you’d like the number to come from and select an available number. Save your changes. Refresh your page and a drop down menu will appear under the “SMS Default Number” section, where you can add your Outreach number to use for SMS.
Note: For SMS to work properly, you must use an Outreach-specific phone number to send/receive texts. Imported numbers can’t be used. At this time we only support USA numbers. You can only receive messages on the phone number that you have set as the default. Texts messages can’t be forwarded to an outside number, it’s all managed in Outreach.