The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users in adding an Opportunity Task.
Outreach provides Users the ability to create Opportunity tasks specific to an Opportunity, serving as a reminder to take action at the most advantageous time.
- Outreach Users
- Opportunity tasks will not be synced to Salesforce.
How To Add an Opportunity Task:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the Opportunities icon (dollar symbol) in the navigation panel.
- Sort, filter, and select the applicable Opportunity.
- On the right side of the Opportunity overview page, click on the “new task” button.
- A pop-up box will appear. Select the priority, task type (action item, meet in person), who the task should be assigned to, and the due date and time. Once you’ve selected your options, click “create”.
- The task creation will appear in the Opportunity activity feed and the task will be added to the owner’s task list.
- Opportunity tasks show up similar to all generic tasks, but will pull up the appropriate opportunity within Outreach when the tasks load in the taskflow. You can also view the Opportunity task in the global sidebar. Note: The Opportunity grouping in the global sidebar pulls in all prospect tasks that are associated to an Opportunity. For example, if John Doe has an email task and he was a prospect on an opportunity, his task would display in the opportunity group, as well as the one-off or sequence task group (whichever is applicable).