The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach admins on enabling and configuring the Inbound Merge and Delete options Outreach provides to mirror deletions and merges that occur in Salesforce.
This article does not discuss syncing record data such as prospect profile updates, account ownership, or how objects are mapped from the CRM Plugin Settings. For more information regarding record content syncing and task mapping, refer to the applicable articles.
- Outreach Admins
- Only profiles with Admin Governance can complete this process. For more information on updating profile governance, refer to the Creating and Assigning Governance Profiles article.
- Inbound Merge and Delete is only available on the Contact, Lead, and Account Objects.
- Disabling the Do not delete prospects if in an active sequence option will remove all Prospects marked for deletion regardless of sequence status.
- Clicking the Sync Deletes option will manually update Outreach records with all CRM merged and deleted records.
- Outreach recommends scheduling a record clean up to prevent retaining erroneous data and avoid syncing complications.
- When the record clean up date arrives, Outreach will review records with an external Salesforce ID to locate the corresponding records in the Salesforce instance. If the record does not exist in the Salesforce instance, Outreach will move the corresponding Outreach record to the recycle bin.
- Data clean up begins at 12:00 AM Pacific Time on the scheduled date and can take several hours to complete depending on the volume of records; therefore, Outreach recommends scheduling the data clean up during off-peak hours to avoid workflow interruption.
- Outreach will not take action on records without an external Salesforce ID. Only records with an associated Salesforce mapping will be affected by the clean up process.
- Recycled records in Outreach will be kept until one of these two limits are met, whichever occurs first:
- The record has been recycled for more than 15 days.
- There are more than 100-thousand recycled records for that object type. When this size limit is met, the oldest of the recycled records will automatically be purged.
Example: There are 100,001 recycled Prospect records, the oldest of these records will be permanently deleted so the total of recycled Prospect records is 100-thousand.
How to Enable Inbound Merge and Delete Options for Salesforce Records
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Access the CRM Plugin Settings.
- Click the Settings tab in the menu bar.
- Click to enable the Sync merged and deleted records option.
- Click to select the applicable records to sync. Note: By default, Outreach enables the Leads, Contacts, and Accounts records for syncing record merge and delete actions from the CRM.
- Click to disable the Do not delete prospects if in an active, paused, or pending sequence option as applicable. Note: This setting applies to all record types for which merge and delete is enabled.
- Configure the sync frequency as applicable. Note: The Sync Deletes option will manually sync CRM records for all merged and deleted records.
- Click to select a date for the Clean up historical records option as applicable. Note: Users are prompted by Outreach to schedule a record clean up when saving changes if the Clean up historical records option is not defined. To continue without scheduling a record cleaning up, click the Schedule Later button on the prompt.
- Click Save.
The corresponding records will merge and delete with the CRM as configured. To review merged/deleted records, refer to the How To View and Update Deleted Objects article.