The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in configuring the advanced task mapping settings to sync LinkedIn tasks to a CRM.
- Outreach Admins
Before This Procedure, Admins have:
- Added a new Custom Field in the CRM labeled: Outreach Task Type.
- Added the following Type values to the CRM picklist:
- Ensured the Field Level Security is set to Visible and is visible on the layout for all user profiles within Outreach.
Advanced Task Mapping for LinkedIn Tasks
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Access the CRM Plugin.
- Click the Task object in the Types list. Note: Generic Task mapping appears as Task <> Task.
- Click to enable the Automatically push changes to Salesforce option under Pushing.
- Click to enable the Create new Tasks option under Outbound Create.
- Click Add Condition and configure the condition as outlined in the table below:
Action Is Not Call
Action Is Not Email
Action Is Not SMS
State is Complete
Conditions set to All
Only completed tasks sync to the CRM.
Note: Only LinkedIn Tasks sync through this object. Removing the State is Complete conditions results in the task displaying as open in Salesforce until it is marked complete in Outreach.
- Click the Fields tab in the menu.
- Add and Map the Task Type Name to the Task Type field.
- Click to enable the Updates Out option.
- Select Advanced from the More Options dropdown menu (hidden down arrow).
- Configure the Advanced Field Mappings as applicable and click Done.
- Click Save.
The LinkedIn Tasks will sync to the CRM with the applied custom activity title.