The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in configuring the advanced task mapping settings to sync LinkedIn tasks to a CRM.
- Outreach Admins
Before following this procedure, ensure that Admins have added a new Custom Field in the CRM labeled: Outreach Task Type and ensured the Field Level Security is set to Visible and is visible on the layout for all user profiles within Outreach.
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Access the CRM Integration.
- Click the Task object in the Types list.
Note: Generic Task mapping appears as Task <> Task.
- Click to enable the Automatically push changes to Salesforce option under Set sync frequency.
- Click to enable the Create in CRM option under Set object syncing.
- Click Add Condition and configure the condition as outlined in the table below:
Action Is Not Call
Action Is Not Email
Action Is Not SMS
State is Complete
Conditions set to All
Only completed tasks sync to the CRM.
- Scroll to the Set field mapping section in the menu.
- Add and Map the Task Type Name to the Task Type field.
- Click to enable the Updates Salesforce option.
- Select Advanced Settings from the More Options dropdown menu (three dots on right-hand side).
- Configure the Advanced Field Mappings as applicable and click Done.
- Click Save.
The LinkedIn Tasks will sync to the CRM with the applied custom activity title.
Example LinkedIn Task Type Name Values:
- LinkedIn: View a Profile
- LinkedIn: Send Message
- LinkedIn: Send Connection Request
- LinkedIn: Interact with Post
- LinkedIn: Other