- Outreach Users
- Outreach Admins
- Outreach Everywhere extension works on top of the Salesforce Classic and Salesforce Lightning.
- Outreach Everywhere extension works with Sales and Sales Console Apps.
- Outreach recommends using the Outreach Everywhere extension with the Salesforce plugin enabled. This will ensure that the extension sidebar properly follows the content you browse in Salesforce. It also ensures the smooth import and update of imported records.
- The Salesforce plugin is managed by your Outreach admin.
- For Admins: Ensure that the Salesforce plugin is properly configured (see Salesforce plugin university course) and all Outreach fields are mapped to corresponding Salesforce fields before importing from Salesforce. For more details, see How To Map Outreach Engagement Fields to Corresponding Salesforce Fields
Outreach Everywhere Chrome extension for Salesforce
The Outreach Everywhere browser extension brings core Outreach functionality directly to Salesforce.
- Import prospects, accounts, and opportunities from Salesforce to Outreach.
- Send emails or call with Outreach without leaving the Salesforce platform.
- Have a handy version of the Outreach web app at your disposal when working with Salesforce without constant switching between these two platforms.
The Outreach extension consists of 2 elements:
- Outreach decorations in Salesforce UI that enable you to perform quick actions directly from Salesforce (import, call, email).
- Extension sidebar offers a narrow view of the Outreach web app that adjusts the content as you move through your Salesforce instance. You can also perform actions from there.
Outreach decorates the following records:
- Lead’s name
- Contact’s name
- Account’s name
- Opportunity name
- Email address (you can enable this through Settings > You > Outreach Everywhere > Salesforce settings)
- Phone number (you can enable this through Settings > You > Outreach Everywhere > Salesforce settings)
How Outreach decorations in Salesforce Lightning and Classic differ
Outreach decorations in Salesforce Lightning. New decorations in Salesforce Lightning have Outreach brand colors and work on top of the localized Salesforce Lightning. This version will be rolled out gradually in the fall of 2022.
Outreach Everywhere decorates elements whenever it detects them, across different navigation items - but most commonly you will use them with Accounts, Contacts, Leads, and Opportunities.
Legacy decorations in Salesforce Lightning are blue and appear only with Accounts, Contacts, Leads, and Opportunities, particularly in the List Views and Record details. They do not appear if you change the default name of the columns in List views. Legacy decorations do not work on top of the localized Salesforce Lightning.
Outreach decorations in Salesforce Classic
Decorations in Salesforce Classic are blue. Outreach decorations appear only on Accounts, Contacts, Leads, and Opportunities, particularly in the List Views and Record details. List views and Records detail display fewer decorations in Salesforce Classic than in Salesforce Lightning.
Decorations typically appear next to the Account, Contact, or Lead names, but emails or phone numbers are not decorated. You can still call or email the prospect via Outreach if you click on the phone number or email address hyperlink.
The Outreach extension sidebar displays the relevant Outreach content as you navigate through your Salesforce instance. This gives you the additional context or you can conduct a quick action directly in Outreach (e.g. add-in prospect to sequence or send the meeting request etc.). The sidebar can be used as a separate window or can be directly embedded into Salesforce based on your preference. You can set this in the Outreach Everywhere settings.
Window mode enabled (default) Outreach content is launched in a separate window that snaps to the side of your browser. This makes the Chrome extension immediately responsive to the web content you are on, and keeps up with your workflow as you move between different Salesforce pages or tabs. You can only use 1 extension sidebar in this mode.
Window mode disabled The sidebar resides inside the Salesforce tab. This mode is suitable when you need to work with multiple Salesforce tabs and it’s beneficial to have separate Outreach sidebars for each tab.
Import and View Leads, Contacts, Accounts and Opportunities
Single record import
You can import Leads, Contacts, Accounts, and Opportunities from Salesforce to Outreach by clicking on the Outreach icon that appears next to the relevant record. The information that is imported is defined by the Salesforce plugin settings (controlled by the Outreach admin).
Note: Outreach recommends admins go through the Salesforce plugin University course to learn more. Outreach recommends that Outreach admins ensure that the Salesforce plugin is enabled when importing prospects through extension. This will ensure the smooth import and future sync of imported records, and that the extension sidebar will properly follow the content you browse in Salesforce.
How to import a single prospect, account or opportunity to Outreach:
Most often you will import directly from List view or Record detail but you can import from any place in Salesforce that renders the Outreach icon.
- Click on the Outreach icon that appears next to the relevant record. Leads and Contacts have a person silhouette icon, Accounts have a briefcase, and Opportunities a dollar sign.
- If the contact or lead is not yet imported to Outreach, click on the Outreach call or email icon. This record will be also imported to the Outreach as a prospect.
Salesforce Lightning with new decorations
Salesforce Lightning with legacy decorations
Note: Salesforce Classic does not decorate phone numbers or email addresses. You can click a hyperlink to initiate Outreach action.
If you navigate to the record that is not imported in Outreach, the extension will indicate that the prospect has not yet been imported and ask if you want to import them. Once confirmed, a new prospect will be created in Outreach. If you happen to be on list view with multiple records, the extension will offer to import the top most unimported prospect on the list.
Note: Bulk import functionality requires Salesforce checkboxes to be visible next to the record in List View.
You can import multiple records at once by using the Import to Outreach button. You can also perform bulk actions in Outreach for records selected directly in Salesforce (e.g. put certain prospects to sequence etc.)
How to import multiple prospects, accounts or opportunities to Outreach or perform bulk action over them:
You can only perform these from Leads, Accounts, and Opportunities List views.
- Click the checkbox next to the lead, contact, or account name to select the record.
- Click on the “Import to Outreach” button on the top right-hand side of the page for Salesforce Lightning and on the left-hand side for Salesforce Classic.
- Records that are not yet imported to Outreach will be imported. In case the selected record already exists in Outreach, the extension recognizes this and will not create a duplicate.
- Once complete, the extension will bring you into the list of accounts or prospects that were part of this batch.
- Now you can easily add the prospects to a sequence, create a bulk compose an email, create a task or bulk edit from there.
What to do if checkboxes are not visible: Ensure that your list view is filtered by a record type in order for Salesforce to display checkboxes. Create the filter and choose Account, Contact, or Lead Record Type as Field.
If you are not able to create a filter or select the record even after filtering, you might need to ask your Salesforce admin for enhanced profile governance.
Importing with duplicates
You might have different Salesforce contacts (with different Salesforce IDs) with the same email address. If you attempt to import the prospect with the same email that is already assigned to an existing prospect in Outreach: Outreach extensions don't import these records in case you don’t have Prospect remapping in Outreach enabled. For more information on enabling the remapping option, refer to the How To Remap Prospects to Duplicate Records.
If this option is enabled, the Outreach extension will automatically provide the option to remap the prospect to the correct Object ID. For more information on remapping, refer to How To Remap an Individual Prospect to a Duplicate Record from Import or How To Remap Multiple Prospects to a Duplicate Record from Bulk Import.
Note: You can import Salesforce reports by following these steps.
View records in Outreach
As you are browsing in Salesforce, the Outreach extension sidebar pulls up the records that have already been imported to Outreach and display them in the sidebar. This serves you Salesforce and Outreach information side by side so you don’t need to switch between platforms.
You can also display the relevant content in the sidebar if you click on the “View in Outreach” icon next to the record. If the record is not imported in Outreach yet, Outreach will import the record first and then pull it up in the sidebar.
Email in Outreach
Email your Leads or Contacts right from Salesforce by using Outreach. You can send an email directly from the extension sidebar.
Or, you can initiate the Outreach email composed directly from Salesforce by using decoration:
- Ensure that you have Email decorating enabled in Settings > You > Outreach Everywhere > Email decorating
- Click on the Outreach envelope symbol located next to the individual’s email address in Salesforce Lightning or on the email address hyperlink in Salesforce Classic.
- A new compose window will open in the Outreach Extension side panel where you can create and format the email to your prospect.
- If the lead does not yet exist in Outreach, the prospect will be automatically imported to Outreach
- The email activity will be synced with Salesforce and Outreach depending on your Salesforce plugin settings.
Call in Outreach
If you have Outreach Voice enabled, you can call your Leads or Contacts directly from Salesforce. For more information on setting up Outreach Voice, refer to How to set up Outreach Voice.
You can call directly from the extension sidebar. Or, you can initiate the Outreach call directly from Salesforce by using decoration:
- Ensure that you have Phone decorating enabled in Settings > You > Outreach Everywhere > Phone decorating.
- Click on the phone icon located next to the individual’s phone number in Salesforce Lightning or on the phone number hyperlink in Salesforce Classic.
- When clicked, the Outreach extension side panel will pop open and initiate a call with the corresponding prospect.
- Once the call is completed, you will be prompted to log the call in Outreach. Depending on your plugin settings, this activity will push to the lead or contact activity history in Salesforce.