Using Outreach Sequences in Gmail
In sales when you reach out to connect with someone, the standard practice in Outreach is to place them in a sequence to make sure they have multiple touch points. When a prospect replies, they're marked as finished in the sequence so they don’t receive any more emails. A reply sequence can be used to make sure that there’s continued follow up or prospect nurturing.
Adding Prospects to Sequences from the Gmail Chrome Extension
1. Make sure you've installed the Outreach Everywhere Chrome Extension.
2. In Gmail, compose a new email or reply to an email thread. Ensure the Outreach Everywhere chrome extension is enabled, indicated by the toggle on the right side of the Outreach bar showing blue.
3. On the Outreach bar, click on "sequences", which will pull up a list of sequences owned by you, or shared by other Outreach users. You can search sequences by the name of the sequence or the content contained in the sequence.
4.Select the sequence most relevant for your prospect and email and confirm the delivery of the first step.
5. The prospect will be added to the sequence if the option in the Outreach bar is highlighted.
6. If the individual being emailed is a prospect in Outreach, and variables exist in the first step of the sequence, Outreach will automatically merge the variables with the corresponding prospect information.