In sales when you reach out to connect with someone, the standard practice in Outreach is to place them in a sequence to make sure they have multiple touch points. Using the Outreach Everywhere Chrome Extension in Gmail gives you quick access to all of your sequences, so you can add your prospect to the correct follow-up communication as soon as you hit "send."
Adding Prospects to Sequences from the Gmail Chrome Extension
- Make sure you've installed the Outreach Everywhere Chrome Extension.
- In Gmail, compose a new email or reply to an email thread. This first email written in the Gmail compose window will be sent before your selected sequence.
- Ensure the Outreach Everywhere chrome extension is enabled, indicated by the Outreach toolbar being highlighted blue and the toggle showing green when clicking on the gear icon.
- On the Outreach bar, click on "sequences", which will pull up a list of sequences owned by you, or shared by other Outreach users. You can search sequences by the name of the sequence or the content contained in the sequence.
- Select the sequence most relevant for your prospect and email and confirm the delivery of the first step. If you would like the sequence to act as a reply to the email composed within Gmail, you can try building a follow-up sequence.
- The prospect will be added to the sequence if a confirmation message appears when you hover over the sequence icon.
- If the individual being emailed is a prospect in Outreach, and variables exist in the first step of the sequence, Outreach will automatically merge the variables with the corresponding prospect information.