The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach users in editing an existing sequence in Outreach.
- Outreach Users
- Users require permission to edit sequences. If you are unable to edit a sequence, contact your Outreach Admin for assistance.
- If a user updates a sequence step to a scheduled task, the due date will be reset.
- This article discusses the process for updating sequence steps. For information regarding editing a sequence, refer to the How To Create a Sequence article.
- Steps cannot be added or re-arranged in a sequence once prospects have been added to the sequence. If changes are needed, the options are to remove active prospects or clone the sequence.
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click Sequences.
- Click the applicable sequence.
- Click on the applicable sequence step.
- Expand the menu and click Edit. To edit an email variant you can click on the email thread you would like to edit or select Edit Variant from the more menu on the thread.
- Click on the applicable sequence step to edit based on the table below:
Option Description Step Type Change the step's action (i.e. Auto Email, Manual Email, Phone Call, or Generic Task). Time Interval
Change the interval the step is supposed to occur.
For Auto Emails, Outreach will wait this amount of time from when the Prospect enters the step before sending the email out.
For Phone Call or Generic Tasks, the task will be created when the Prospect enters the step, then the task will be due in that time interval.
Schedule Schedule when the task is suppose to fire on this sequence step. Skip task when overdue by...
Allows the user to skip the task for a Prospect when it is overdue after a user-defined timeframe, allowing the Prospect to continue through the sequence as applicable.
Note: If you do not see this option but would like to add it, contact your AE or CSM as applicable.
Task Notes Optional field for users to add information regarding the task and step.
- Click Save.
Users can move a sequence step in order, clone the step, or remove it from the sequence from the more menu on the sequence step.