"Click to Call with Outreach Everywhere" lets you to click on a decorated telephone link in Gmail or Salesforce to connect quickly.
Enabling Click to Call
- Click on the initials on the bottom left hand corner of the Outreach platform
- Click into "Outreach Everywhere"
- Find the section labeled "Google Chrome" and enable the toggle labeled "Enable click to dial."
- Save your changes
Using Click to Dial with Outreach Everywhere
- Ensure your account has Outreach Voice enabled and setup properly.
- In Salesforce or Gmail find a decorated phone link. You'll know a phone number is decorated because it will be highlighted blue and underlined, similar to an email hyperlink. Click on the link.
- If the number is already associated with a prospect, their name will appear on the green bar at the bottom of the Outreach extension. If the number is not associated with a prospect, the call will still be completed by Outreach. After logging the call, you can add the number to the related prospect.
If you cannot click to dial, the phone number is likely not a 'TEL' Link. There are several different ways to check whether a phone number is formatted as a 'TEL' link:
- When hovering over a TEL link, look at the left hand corner of Google Chrome. You should see something like "tel:XXX-XXX-XXXX" to indicate that this is a properly formatted link.
- Right click on the phone number using Google Chrome and select "Inspect". You should see a highlight of <a href = "tel:XXX-XXX-XXXX" to indicate this is a properly formatted tel link.