The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach admins in enabling Outreach to remap prospects with duplicate entries.
- Outreach Admins
- Outreach must be configured to allow prospect remapping in order to map prospects to duplicate records.
- Remapping will not remove prospects from sequences or change/update associated tasks. Users will have to manual update sequences or tasks as necessary.
- To update the prospect information with any differences in the Salesforce lead/contact profile, you'll need to force update. Sequences and tasks will still be active under the prospect.
How To Enable Prospect Remapping in Outreach:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the user's initials in the bottom left-hand corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click Prospect under the System Config section of the Settings panel.
- Select the applicable option from the How do you want to handle prospect imports with the same email address?: dropdown menu.
Note: Refer to the following table for option descriptions.
Option Description Prevent multiple prospects with the same email (default). Prospect mapping is disabled and Outreach will automatically dedupe all prospects by their email address. Allow user to select the preferred CRM ID Prospect remapping is enabled and Outreach will let Outreach users select which CRM ID is appropriate if a duplicate email address is discovered.
- Click Save.
Note: The setting this image illustrates will allow prospect remapping. Outreach manages duplicate prospect imports as configured.
A Note about Record Creation from Outreach to CRM:
When Outreach attempts to create new records in a CRM via the plugin, Outreach will first look for a corresponding record in the CRM by using the email address as the key.
If a corresponding record is found for the Lead or Contact, Outreach will map to the existing record. Otherwise the new record will be created.
If both a Lead and Contact are found in the CRM with the same email address, Outreach will map to whichever object is listed first on the plugin's types page.
How To Remap an Individual Prospect to a Duplicate Record from Import:
- Import a Lead or Contact. Note: If the Allow users to select the preferred CRM ID option is enabled in the Outreach platform, the chrome extension will recognize if a prospect already exists in the platform, and will automatically provide the option to remap the prospect to the correct Object ID. For more information on enabling the remapping option, refer to the How To Enable Prospect Remapping in Outreach article.
- Click Update.
- Select the Pull data down from Salesforce option from the Action: dropdown menu on the Synchronization popup window.
- Click to enable the Force update all fields option and click Sync.
How To Remap Multiple Prospects to a Duplicate Record from Bulk Import
- Import Leads and Contacts.
- Click the A prospect with this email address already exists in Outreach failure message.
- Select Find Salesforce Matches from the More Options (hidden dropdown arrow) dropdown menu to the right of the applicable prospect.
- You'll have the option to remap the prospect to the appropriate Salesforce ID. You'll be shown the number of active tasks and sequences the prospect has, the Object type (Lead or Contact), and the Object ID.
- Select the applicable Object ID for the Prospect.
- Click Update.
Remap a Single Outreach Prospect
- On the prospect list view, find the prospect that needs to be updated to a new Object ID.
- Hover over the prospect and click on the arrow that appears to the right of the prospect owner initials.
- On the dropdown menu that appears, select the "Find Matches" option for your CRM.
- If there are multiple leads/contacts in your CRM with the same email address, you'll have the option to remap the prospect to the appropriate Object ID. You'll be shown the number of active tasks and sequences the prospect has, the object type (Lead or Contact), and the Object ID. Remapping will not remove prospects from sequences or change/update associated tasks. If updates to the prospects’ sequences or tasks are needed, they will need to be done manually.
- Select the Object ID that is most appropriate for your prospect.
- Click Update. Note: To update the prospect information with any differences in the lead/contact record, you'll need to force update. Sequences and tasks will still be active under the prospect.