The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach admins in mapping users in Outreach.
Every record in Outreach (prospects, accounts, tasks, etc.) must be mapped to its corresponding record in Salesforce to accurately sync data. Mapping users ensures your reps' activities push to Salesforce and any mapped fields on the user level update properly.
- Outreach Admins
- Before adding a user mapping, use the search bar at the top to check for an existing mapping. If none exists, you can proceed to add a new mapping for your user.
- The external, Salesforce ID must be used to search for existing mappings. For users, these will start with "005." Searching for the user's name will return no results.
- This article references a Salesforce Sandbox environment to illustrate Outreach behavior; behavior for this process is the same for all Outreach-supported CRMs.
How To Map Users in the CRM Plugin
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Access the CRM Plugin settings.
- Click User object in the Types list.
- Click Mappings in the menu bar and click Add. Note: Confirm the user doesn't already exist in the mapped user list to avoid errors.
- On the New User Mapping window, select the applicable users from the CRM User: and Outreach User: dropdown menus.
- Click Save.
The new user will appear in the mapped user list.
Fixing Mismatched Mappings
While looking in this area of the plugin, you may notice mappings that don't match. This can be a result of repurposing seats instead of creating new seats to replace old ones.
You'll know a mapping is incorrect if the name on the left doesn't match the name on the right. To fix this, hover over the incorrect mapping and click the dropdown arrow that appears on the right. Click "Remove."
Once the incorrect mapping is removed, follow steps 3-6 above to add the correct mapping for the user.