The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in connecting a primary email account with Outreach.
- Outreach Admins
- A primary email address is required to connect Outreach.
- Users cannot add shared or group email addresses such as info@ or help@.
- Users experiencing connection issues with an email address previously configured, refer to the Note following Step 5.
- This article addresses the initial set up of a primary email account to Outreach. For more information regarding connecting an alias mailbox, refer to the How To Configure an Alias Email Address article.
- Users connecting a mailbox for the first time in Outreach will see the Set up your account option in lieu of an edit option. Images and GIFs in this article may illustrate a view not accessible to users. This does not change the connection process.
How To Connect a Primary Email to Outreach:
- Access the Outreach platform.
- Click the user's initials in the bottom corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click You under the System Admin section in the Settings panel.
- Click Mailboxes.
- Click Set up Account.
Note: Users reconnecting a disconnected mailbox will click Edit, and click the applicable Connect button as illustrated in the example below. Re-enable the Sending and Syncing options as applicable.
Note: Unauthorized request error messages indicate an incorrect username or password. If you are certain your credentials were entered correctly, contact your network or system administrator as applicable to verify the credentials they have on your mail server.
- Click to select the applicable email provider from the Email Provider: dropdown menu as described in the table below.
Email Provider Description Other Other is not a recommended configuration. Users will need to provide their SMTP credentials and IMAP port. Contact the network or system administrator as applicable for direction on how to locate these details. Gmail API (recommended)
- Connects Outreach to a Gmail server using REST API.
- Recommended for users operating a Gmail account.
- Selecting this option provides users with the ability to connect directly to Gmail.
Gmail Password (legacy) / Office 365
- Requires user credentials.
- Not recommended as a user's primary mailbox.
- Connects Outreach to a Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Recommended for users operating Outlook Web.
- Users will need to Change/Update their Exchange password to continue.
- Requires an EWS Endpoint.
- If you log into email online at https://mail.company-name.com/owa, the endpoint would likely be https://mail.company-name.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx.
- Perform a Microsoft Connectivity Test if you're still experiencing difficulty locating the URL. On successful completion, the .asmx link will provide the EWS Endpoint needed.
- For more information regarding EWS Endpoint configuration and discovery, refer to the Managing Exchange Web Services in Office 365 article.
Note: If you cannot find the EWS Endpoint, or if the auto-discover does not populate the required information, contact your network or system administrator as applicable for further direction.
Office 365 OAuth2
- Connects Outreach to Microsoft Outlook using Open Authorization (OAuth).
- Recommended for users operating an Office 365 account.
Microsoft Hybrid Modern Auth Connects Outreach for customers using the on-perm with 2-factor authentication (2FA) method.
- Click Connect.
- Click to enable the Sending and Syncing options and add a signature as applicable.
- Click Save.
The email address and provider is connected as configured.