The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in connecting a primary email account with Outreach.
- Outreach Admins
- This process outlines steps users will take during the initial walkthrough setup when first configuring Outreach.
- Users connecting a mailbox for the first time in Outreach will see the Set up your account option in lieu of an Edit option. Images and GIFS in this article may illustrate a view not accessible to users. This does not change the connection process.
- A primary email address is required to connect to Outreach.
- This article addresses the initial set up of a primary email account to Outreach. Users experiencing connection issues with a previously configured email should refer to the Note following Step 5.
- Access the Outreach platform.
- Click the user's initials in the bottom corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click You under the System Admin section in the Settings panel.
- Click Mailboxes.
- Click Set up Account.
Note: Users reconnecting a disconnected mailbox will click Edit, and click the applicable Connect button as illustrated in the example below. Re-enable the Sending and Syncing options as applicable. Note: Unauthorized request error messages indicate an incorrect username or password. If you are certain your credentials were entered correctly, contact your network or system administrator as applicable to verify the credentials they have on your mail server.
- Click to select the applicable email provider from the Email Provider: dropdown menu as described in the table below.
Email Provider Description Other
Other is not a recommended configuration, and Users will need to provide their SMTP Credentials and IMAP Port.
Reach out to your Network or System Administrator if you are unsure where to locate these details.
- Connects Outreach to a Gmail server using REST API.
- Recommended for Users operating a Gmail account.
- Selecting this option provides Users with the ability to connect directly to Gmail.
Gmail Password (legacy)
Requires user credentials.
Not recommended as a user’s primary mailbox.
- Connects Outreach to a Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Recommended for Users operating Outlook Web.
- Users will need to Change/Update their Exchange password to continue.
- Requires EWS Endpoint
- If you log into email online at https://mail.company-name.com/owa, the endpoint would likely be https://mail.company-name.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx.
- Perform a Microsoft Connectivity Test if you are still experiencing difficulty locating the URL. On successful completion, the .asmx link will provide the EWS Endpoint needed.
- For more information regarding EWS Endpoint configuration and discovery, refer to Managing Exchange Web Services in Office 365.
Office 365 OAuth (recommended)
Connects Outreach to Microsoft/Office 365 mailboxes over the Microsoft Graph API which is the most modern and compliant method to connect to Microsoft 365 data that’s supported by Microsoft.
Recommended for all users operating an Office 365 account.
Office 365 OAuth (legacy)
Connects Outreach to Microsoft/Office 365 mailboxes over EWS API.
Supported for backward compatibility purposes. Not recommended to use. Choose only if the case option listed above (Graph API-based) cannot be used.
Office 365 Basic Auth
- Connects Outreach to Microsoft/Office 365 mailboxes using username and password.
- Supported for backward compatibility purposes. Not recommended to use. Choose only if case options listed above cannot be used.
Microsoft Hybrid Modern Auth
- Connects Outreach for customers using the on-prem with 2-factor authentication (2FA) methods.
- Click Connect.
- Click to enable the Sending and Syncing options and add a signature as applicable.
- Click Save.
The email address and provider is connected as configured.