The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users in configuring an alias email with Gmail's 2-Step verification process.
- Outreach Admins
- Outreach recommends Admins contact Outreach Support to confirm the alias mailbox has been added prior to starting this process.
- In order to connect an Outreach Mailbox to a Gmail Alias, IMAP configuration must be enabled on the Gmail side. Please note that when IMAP configuration is first enabled, it may take several hours for the change to propagate.
Before completing this process, admins have:
- Confirmed the Alias Mailbox is added and configured.
- Completed Google's 2-Step Verification Setup process.
Set Up an Alias with Gmail's 2-Step Verification
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click on the user's initials in the bottom left corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click Mailboxes in the menu bar.
- Click Set up an account.
- Select Gmail Password (Legacy) from the Email Provider: dropdown menu.
- Input your alias address in the Email: field.
- Input your primary email address in the Username: field.
- Access your Gmail account and turn on 2-Step Verification.
Create an App-Specific Password for Outreach:
- Sign into your Gmail account and click your avatar.
- Click Manage Your Google Account.
- Click Security in the navigation panel.
- Click the Signing into Google tile.
- Click App Passwords.
- Select Other (Custom Name) from the Select Apps dropdown menu and input Outreach. Note: An app-specific password is generated for Outreach.
- Highlight and copy the password.
- Return to your Outreach mailbox settings and input the app-specific password that you generated from Gmail into the Password field.
- Press Enter and enable the Sending and Syncing options as applicable.
- Click Save. Note: Both 2-Step verification and app-specific password settings may be controlled by your G-Suite Admin or internal IT team. If you cannot access these features, contact your internal teams to verify these features are available. For more information, refer to the Sign in using App Passwords article.
How To Connect a Primary Email to Outreach
Protect your account with 2-Step Verification