The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users in enabling open tracking from an Outreach email.
- Outreach Users
- This article illustrates the process of accessing tracking options from the quick actions email feature. The process is the same when emailing a Prospect from the Prospect List View or Prospect Profile.
- Open tracking uses an invisible tracking pixel in emails. Each time an email is opened, this pixel is downloaded and the Outreach knows a Prospect has opened the email.
- Outreach tracks email opens if the email is opened by the same person multiple times or if the recipient forwards the email and a new recipient opens the email.
- Open tracking is enabled by default.
- Disabling open tracking disables tracking for the active email only.
- Enabling or disabling the open tracking option is not retroactive.
- Enabling and disabling tracking options occurs at the email-level.
- Open tracking has three statuses visible in the Outreach Outbox:
- Not Opened - Grey eyeball icon
- Opened Once - Blue eyeball icon
- Opened more than once - Blue eyeball icon with a number in the upper left corner
How To Enable Open Tracking in Outreach:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the email icon (envelope) in the quick action navigation bar.
- Complete composing the email.
- Click the Tracking icon in the toolbar at the bottom of the email.
Note: The Track opens option is enabled by default. Click to disable (uncheck) the Track opens option to disable tracking email opens for this email.
Outreach tracks the email as configured.
Access the Outreach Outbox and review the open tracking icon (eyeball) to determine the open status.