In sales when you reach out to connect with someone, the standard practice in Outreach is to place them in a sequence to make sure they have multiple touch points. Using our Outlook Add-In, you can add a prospect to the appropriate sequence straight from your inbox.
Adding Prospects to Sequences from the Outlook Add-In
- When composing a new email or replying to an email in Outlook, open the Outreach Add-In. The Outreach Add-In can be opened by clicking on the Outreach logo, either in the ribbon on the top of the page or under the compose window (depending on your Outlook and computer set up). If prompted, sign into your Outreach account by clicking on the "Sign In" button.
- Compose your new email or write a reply to your prospect. Find "Sequences" in the Outreach Add-In menu.
- From the sequence menu, type the name of the sequence or scroll through the sequences you own/sequences shared with you and select the appropriate option.
- Two dropdown options will appear under the name of the sequence. The first dropdown option lets you decide whether you'd like to let Outreach decide on the template used in the sequence step. Otherwise, you can select the template you'd prefer your prospect to receive. This is only relevant if you are A/B testing this sequence step.
The second menu lets you select the delivery time of the first sequence step. This will default to the time interval from the sequence. Alternatively, you can select the exact date/time you'd like your prospect to receive the first step of the sequence.
- Click the "Add to Sequence" button and a confirmation box will appear at the bottom of the Outreach side panel.
- Send your email by clicking the "Send with Outreach" button. Depending on the type of Outlook your company uses and whether your using a PC or a mac, this can be in the Add-In side bar, the ribbon on top of Outlook, or selected by clicking on the Outreach logo under the compose window.