Using an "Active in Sequence" checkbox in Salesforce helps identify whether or not a lead or contact is currently active in a sequence in Outreach, without ever leaving Salesforce. This is helpful to know to prevent your team from reaching out to leads/contacts with marketing emails if they're already active in a sales sequence in Outreach.
Setup & Map "Active in Sequence" Field to Salesforce
- Add a checkbox (true/false) field to the contact or lead record in Salesforce and name it “Active in Sequence”
- For Salesforce Enterprise users, set the field level security of the this field to “visible” to all. For Salesforce Pro users, make the field "visible" on the lead or contact page layout.
- In Outreach, go to Settings > Plugins, click into the Salesforce plugin, then click on either Leads or Contacts > Fields and click the “+ Add” button in the top right to add a new field mapping.
- Select the “Actively being Sequenced” field in the Outreach drop-down and map that to the new “Active in Sequence” field you created in Salesforce.
- Ensure the “Updates Out” checkbox is checked to allow Outreach to update this field in Salesforce. Keep in mind that the "Updates In" checkbox will not appear because this field only syncs outbound to Salesforce.