The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins and Outreach Users in adding, updating, or deleting mailboxes. It also highlight the implications associated with deleting mailboxes, and how to prepare for that.
- Outreach Admins
- Outreach Users
- Each user is allowed to have 2 mailboxes at times as long as they comply with the terms below:
- Users may only add mailboxes to their user seat which belong to them personally (not a colleague’s) and are personally identifiable as being theirs.
- Users may not add shared or group email addresses such as marketing@, info@ , sales@, or hello@ unless expressly permitted by Outreach as part of your contract with us.
- Each user has a limit of 2 total mailboxes, unless expressly permitted by Outreach in your contract.
- This mailbox must comply with Outreach's End User License Agreement, Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy
- Users may only request a mailbox be added to their own seat. Admin users can make a new mailbox request for any user.
- The request should come from the email address listed on the Outreach account. Don't use personal emails to contact Outreach Support.
- Submit a Technical Support Request for a New Mailbox Add with the new email address.
- Once Outreach Support confirms that the new mailbox complies with the above Terms, that team adds the new mailbox to the appropriate user.
- Each user can then configure their new mailbox following one of the following articles, depending on your mail server's configuration and the configuration of this second mailbox within your mail server: How To Connect a Primary Email to Outreach, How To Configure an Alias Email Address in Outreach, or Set Up an Alias with Gmail's 2-Step Verification
To delete a mailbox, you need to submit a request to Technical Support. Before removing the mailbox, there are a few steps that should be taken to ensure all emails and sequences running smoothly.
- Any drafted or scheduled emails will be deleted when the mailbox is removed.
a. Send or save any drafted emails.
- Prospects being sequenced with that mailbox will fail and be stopped in the sequence.
a. Tag all prospects you have in active sequences. To find these prospects: click your initials in the bottom-left >> click “Sequence States” under System Activity >> filter the list for prospects sequenced by you >> select all >> click the tag button at the top >> “Add tags.”
b. Once the new mailbox is added, you will search for these tagged prospects and assign them back to your mailbox to continue being sequenced.
If the mailbox is already used on another seat, including locked seats, Technical Support need to remove that mailbox in order to add it to the new seat, this scenario is very common. Even if the mailbox exist on a locked seat, Technical Support will not be able to add it to the new seat until it's removed from the locked seat. Please make sure to check if the mailbox exists on a locked or active seat, and give Technical Support a permission to delete it. This should expedite your request.