The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in configuring user permissions for purchasing phone numbers through Outreach Voice.
Outreach Admins can disable user permissions for phone number purchases through profile settings to better manage an organization's phone number acquisitions.
Disabling the applicable number purchase options removes the ability for end-users to purchase phone numbers for themselves and allows Outreach Admins to purchase and assign numbers on the user's behalf. Users will still be able to import a phone number from a device such as a desktop phone or mobile phone.
Note: Local Presence for outbound calling uses any Local Presence number matching the dialed party's area. If a matching number cannot be used, Outreach dials using the user's default number. If there is no default number available, the call will not proceed.
- Outreach Admins
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the user's initials in the bottom left-hand corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click Profiles under the User Admin section in the Settings panel.
- Select the applicable option from the User Manual Phone Purchase: dropdown menu.
- Select the applicable option from the Local Presence: dropdown menu. Note: Outreach recommends Admins allow users to auto purchase for Local Presence if the Local Presence feature is enabled.
- Click Save.
Users no longer have permission to purchase phone numbers and Admins can now assign numbers as applicable. For more information on assigning and purchasing phone numbers with Admin permissions, refer to the How To Purchase and Assign Phone Numbers to Outreach Users article.